THRIVING LEADERS = THRIVING CHURCHES Insights from a support Pastor, passionate about seeing The Church THRIVE.

THRIVE Leadership

My prayer for the Church

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 by Brandon Stewart

We're about a week and a half out from our annual Team Church Conference, and the closer this event gets, the more excited I get about what God is going to do in the lives of people that are at the event. I hope you're planning to be there.

The purpose of this conference is to inspire people in their God-given purpose and mandate - to build the local Church, which is the hope of the world. There is nothing we can do in life that is more in line with Christ than to love and build the House of God.

This past weekend I was thinking about the Church, and this verse came to mind....
John 17:1 NIV - "After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed..."

Here we see Jesus praying....praying for himself, the disciples and all that would follow (the Church). This chapter shows the incredible heart of Jesus - and his most passionate prayers the night before he was crucified.  He prayed that his Church would be one...unified in purpose and passion. He prayed that we would truly rise up as light to the world, pointing people toward the One Way. 

My question for you today...
What is your prayer for the church today?  Is it that people would experience freedom?  Is it thankfulness for your salvation?  Is it for breakthrough for people?  Is it that the Church would rise up and deliver hope and answers to the world?

I'd like to ask you to do something. Join me over the next two weeks leading up to Team Church Conference. Spend time in prayer each day, and pray around this topic...."My prayer for the church today is....". Take that topic...pray it out....and believe in prayer with me that our upcoming conference would be a week where Church leaders would be inspired to true greatness.

Share your prayer with me - and let's join together to see the Cause of Jesus Christ move forward in our city.

I hope your signed up to be part of the conference coming up, either as a full time delegate, or as a volunteer. If you need more info on how to get involved, just let me know.

Have a great week guys!

Filed under having  

0 comments: