THRIVING LEADERS = THRIVING CHURCHES Insights from a support Pastor, passionate about seeing The Church THRIVE.

THRIVE Leadership

Things are heating up...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 by Brandon Stewart

I'm getting very excited for our upcoming Team Church Conference, happening in under three weeks (I can't believe it is already that close - this time of year always sneaks up on me!). Instead of sitting here allowing my head to spin on everything I have to do before the conference arrives, I'm remembering why I enjoy this event every year. 

Every year at the conference the teaching is awesome, worship is off the charts, and new relationships are formed and strengthened.

When I look back on my experience growing up in our Church, I can see many defining moments in my life - people, events and experiences that shaped me into the person I am today. Many of these key times in my life we our annual youth camps. These were times where we would take time out of the summer to get away, build new relationships, and worship God with all we had.  And in those times we pursued God, He really did a work in us....corporately and individually.

The most impacting thing about those events....(hold on, folks....this is going to be deep!)....is that I was there.  I was present. I was in attendance at them!  I was impacted by God, but that wouldn't have happened if I was absent.  Its not like I would have had a make-up session if I wasn't there.  By simply being at the camp, I positioned myself to receive something incredible from God.

I hope that you're positioning youself to be part of Team Church Conference (or 252 Conference - whichever applies!).  That week promises to be an incredible time in God's presence, receiving wisdom for our lives. 


Brandon Stewart

This message sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

Filed under having  

1 comments:

Cee ♥ said...

great words! i'm so excited to be apart of it all as well; it's going to be incredible!